Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Lords Prayer...

First Ladies..let me tell you how much I adore your comments that you make to me each time I post. It brings me peace and serenity...the encouragement is posted by you but made through by Christ! Debrah what you said absolutley meant a lot..basically I am the King of Kings daughter and no one can take that away. So if some of you didn't read what she posted please do..it doesn't just relate to me but to all of us! Praise God!

Remember when I said I would post other things besides my own posts? Well I found this online and maybe some of you have read it but it's also a little project concerning the greatest prayer our Father taught us to pray...I want all of you to read this, write it down in your spiritual journal and then write your own version of it. I want all of us to post something the next time we meet..
The following is a version of the Lord's Prayer and I also have put a couple of words in of my own:

Donna can't say "Our" if religion hasn't any room for others and their needs
I can't say "Father" if I don't demonstrate His and my relationship in my daily living
I can't say "Who art in Heaven" if all of my own interests & pursuits are of earthly things
I can't say "hallowed by thy name" if Donna, called by His name, is not Holy
I can't say "thy Kingdom done" if I'm unwilling to give up my own sovereignty & accept the righteous reign of God
I can't say "thy will be done" if I'm unwilling or resentful of having it in my life
I can't say "in earth as it is in heaven" unless I am truly ready to give myself to His service here and now
I can't say "give us this day our daily bread" without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellowmen
I can't say "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trepass against us" if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone
I can't say "deliver us from evil" if I'm not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer
I can't say "thine is the kingdom" if I don't give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject
I can't say "thine is the power" if I fear what my neighbors may say or do
I can't say "thine is the glory" if I'm seeking my own glory first
I can't say "forever" if I'm too anxious about each day's affairs
And I cannot say "Amen" unless I honestly say..."Cost what it may, this is my prayer"...

Ladies, I know that we all probably go on to the same web sites and you may have already seen this but this is so important..If we are Kings kids, as my Dad always told me, then we have to tell our Father and King that He is more important than life itself!! Cost what it may....that is why we are here..Now write it down, post me your thoughts and record your own version..the Father is waiting for us to be obedient. I feel He wants me and all of you who have read this before to pass it on and bring more servants to this blog or any one..we have the world waiting for us to bring them to their final "home". If we don't do it who will?

Donna, the Kings servant!

7 comments:

SKY4KAT said...

Donna,
Your trip looked like fun and very beautiful. You look like you have a tan and a different hair color (or is that the lightening effects of the sun?)
I sure know what you mean about being/thinking/acting a certain way for so long and how hard it is to change. It is one thing to have all the head knowledge of our identity in Christ and quite another to hold it in our heart and believe it and act out of that place. I think that is called trust and I am just a baby at trusting God. Trusting that He has my best interest.
What I am learning is that God desires a close intimate and personal relationship with each one of us. He wants us to know Him so we can trust Him.
I know that you know that you are a precious bride of Christ and His beloved daughter in your head and that you have felt it and believe it in your heart at times too. That is our battle. To keep the truth in our heart and live out of that truth.
What I do when I am struggling is to cry out and tell God exactly how I am feeling and thinking and that I really don't want to be praying (thats me, usually when I am feeling like this I don't feel like inviting Christ to be present) and poor me etc.etc.etc.
It wonder if you are feeling lonely celebrating your anniversary today and feeling depressed in your circumstances. It is a difficult place to be.
Please know that I prayed for you as I read your comment and I will continue to pray for you.
Happy anniversary, you are greatly and wonderfully loved.
Love Katrina

From the Heart said...

Donna, I read your post yesterday but did not comment because I usually am the first one on a lot of people's. I don't work and I look through everyone's, well not everyone, but some that I relate to. I guess I just started feeling conspicuous by being the first to post. I didn't mean to leave you out. It was a great post. I tried to print it out last night and was going to do what you said but for some reason I couldn't get it to print. If you read your last post you will note that I came by several times to check on you.

I have put a blog list on my blog with all the names of those I visit and it also tells when the person has posted last. That how I got to yours so early.

Happy Anniversary. I'm sorry it's not been a good day for you but know that no matter what others may or may not do, God knows and He will always give you the comfort you need by just asking Him. Our anniversaries are never anything special. A card and dinner out usually. My husband is not a very creative person but I love him anyway. I don't know what I would do without him. My youngest daughter and her family take us out sometimes or we go to her house for dinner.

I hope the rest of the day will be better for you. We are leaving Sunday to take our granchildren to our oldest daughter's house in Virginia Beach. They are going to stay all week with her. Their mother is going up Thursday and stay until Sunday and bring them home. I'm glad she has decided to do this. She needs to spend time with her sister. She has had a lot of problems and needs the kind of support that Sherri can give her.
God bless you in all you do to help others.
AliceE.

From the Heart said...

Well I just wanted to let you know that I was able to print out your posting. This will give me something to do on that longggggg ride to VB.
AliceE.

fivedesigns said...

Alice and Kat

Thank you for writing things that made my anniversary feel better :)

Yesterday Kat you said, that you don't want to be praying when you feel bad, I can't tell you how much I was doing that yesterday! I felt horrible all day and feeling bad for myself. I kept looking at my blog and all the woman that used to come on and the Bible Studies we did on Rachel's blog. Now it just seems those woman are gone and Rachel seems to be going in a different direction?! So I started feeling the trap of "God must not want me to do this.." The usual garbage.

Well I don't need a million people looking at this blog. I don't need to be appreciated by "man", I only need to be appreciated by God! I have been learning that lesson the hard way. When I am completely broken and allow Him to take my spirit I will then be the submissive person I need to be.

Alice I am sorry if I sounded like I wanted you to be posting on mine before anyone...if I did I didn't mean to be sounding like that...forgive me...I'm just always used to you and LaTonya..the enemy uses things like that to get to you when he doesn't want you where God wants you. Thank you guys for always praying for me and meaning it. Without you it wouldn't be the same. That goes for everyone who checks in on me :)

Love you all
Donna

Plant Lady said...

Hi Donna,
Just a quick note to say "BE ENCOURAGED! God will never leave us or forsake us!

Blessings,
Plant Lady

debrah said...

Donna:
Just dropped by to say Hi. I hope you all have a blessed week.
Debrah

From the Heart said...

Donna,
Hope your doing better. We had a great trip but I was really tired. I'm just not use to long rides yet.

If you get a chance visit my blog and read the last two read I've posted.
God bless you,
AliceE.