Friday, April 17, 2009

THANKS!!!

First thank you all for praying! I want to share with you what I wrote in my journal..last night my sister from NJ surprised me and showed up..well I knew about 7 hours earlier so I wrote this in my journal."Lord I had to clean the apt and in my mind I was cleaning it for Yvette..but I wasn't! I was doing it to have a sense of accomplishment. Yes I did good in myself, but I realized I don't need to do good with you! It was as if I needed to challenge myself by getting up and doing things but that isn't necessary to have you approve of me. You love me for me!! I don't need to clean or cook, or be Mrs Brady..I am not those people I am DONNA! Donna has a purpose an its being obedient, spending time with You in any way I can..but doing it! I need to pray with the kids, and Mike..change me Lord..because it's not always someone else.."

My daily was so cool today and I wrote that too:God is training me in steadiness. Too many things interrupt my awareness of God. He knows I'm in a world of sight and sound, but I must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of God can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is what God desires. Don't let unexpected events throw you off course. Respond calmly and confidently, remembering God is with me! As soon as something grabs my attention, talk about it with Him. God shares our joy and problems. He helps us to cope with whatever is before us. This is how He lives and works in and through ME! This is the way of Peace!
Isaiah 41: 10

Praise God!!

2 comments:

Debra said...

Donna,
It is clear you have a living, on-going relationship with the Lord. It's so easy for us to knock ourselves down, when He desires to build us up! The hard part is to be 'built up' when everything else around us is either taken away, or is falling down! But-that's how we grow up in Him. We are learning to walk. Those baby steps are all important, and can't you just see Him delighting in us, when we do take them!!
Much love, my sister. Have you visited Encouragement from my Heart? She's on my blog-one I follow. You will love her encouragement.
Take care~Debra

fivedesigns said...

I love all the encouragement the lot of you are giving me! It's amazing how after not writing for so long that all we have to go is reach out and we are all there for one another. Thank you..