Monday, April 20, 2009

Living for God is what's important

I am totally amazed sometimes when the enemy strikes, and I have to remember that he is striking because God has something wonderful for me! I can smile at that right now but less than 30 min ago I was in tears. Lets see...my unemployment check is lost, I called them they say they mailed it and the post office hung up on me cause they say they don't have it anywhere, my husband and I are fighting over..MONEY..and a job, my health, due to stress is, for lack of a better word...good..and I feel like I just don't know where to turn!

So as I was crying out to the Lord..I asked Him in a rather demanding tone :).."Lord help me, help me reach out to You and show me what you want from me" Well the first thing was, give Mike to me, stop trying to change him, leave him in my hands. Second thing He gave me was to ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for me..and then I went right into the word and went to Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us" Well that brought a smile to my face..and then I went on to v. 26...and in the same way the Spirit also helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.....v. 35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall TRIBULATION, or DISTRESS....or FAMINE......v. 37 "But in these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come,.....nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord"!
Praise GOD! Nothing can separate us! All the things in this day that has tried to break my spirit shall separate me from Jesus! Why is it that we concentrate on these things that the enemy tries to make us feel are so important? Sure I have no money to get food or gas, whats the worst thing that can happen? We have rice for a couple of days..I tried everything to find that check and believe me..no one can help, so that tells me God is trying to show me something..LEAN ON HIM!! Thats it in a nut shell..and it took all this to show me. Well Praise God..He will work it out as well as work out Mike and me. Keep me in your prayers but thank the Lord, He has shown me His grace and mercy in all that I do!

2 comments:

Debra said...

I am sorry everyhting is coming at you all at once. It seems so unfair and awful and scary.
I don't know how to comfort you, but it seems that God has already done that.
I was thinking about that verse - how nothing can separate us from His love- just today and yesterday.
Perhaps you are going through suffering and trials for someone else. You will be able to help someone go through hard times, because He got you through it.
Not much comfort. Just know I am praying. please don't give up.
Love, Debra

Joyfulsister said...

My Sister!!
Please know I am praying for you and I know the Lord will make a way. In the word of God it says, "I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor their seed begging for bread". Believe me when I tell you I have been there and it is not an easy place to be, but continue to pray for your husband, as wives and mother's we tend to take alot of the burdens, worries, and fears, but know that with God all things are possible!!.

Blessings as you trust in him.